Specializing in Biomedical Acupuncture & Dry Needling
Sports Injuries and Performance
- Sports injuries can be treated 2 times per week until symptoms disappear. It is optimal to have 24-48 hours between sessions.
- Treatment for sports performance can be done as needed. It is advisable to have a session no more than 24 hours before an event.
- A shortened muscle is weaker, less flexible and more prone to injury.
- Once any injury occurs to the muscle, the injured muscle will shorten as a protective mechanism (which is useful during the time of the injury). However, muscle shortening beyond the time of injury prevents healing.
- Muscles that are fatigued from exercise are also somewhat shortened and thus vulnerable to injury.
- BMA improves circulation which helps muscles to recover faster, enhances performance and reduces the chance of injury.
< Back to Treatments